Outstanding Leaders know and understand that their mind is their greatest tool, and everyday they work with their minds so as not to let fear, frustration and the outside noise get in. Every morning clarify and refine your Leadership Vision. Describe in detail the Leader you are becoming. What will you be doing as far forward as 2025? What small steps can you take today, in that direction?
- Take ownership.
- Be responsible for your Growth.
- Let go of your old habits.
- Decrease your technology dependence.
- Capture your ideas in simple ways, for example carry some 3 x 5 index cards with you everywhere you go.
- Avoid micro-managing yourself.
- Manage stress by facing it.
- Take the work out of work, and make work fun!
- Develop a strong Leadership Brand.
What do you want to be known for? What results do you want to achieve in the next 12 months?
Become familiar with emerging markets. Tomorrow’s Leaders need to identify and seize new possibilities created as emerging markets take centre stage in the global economy.