Have you ever heard the phrase, ‘do the difficult things first’?
What if for the next thirty days you started the day with what you found difficult in life. I tried the experiment in September. I got up every morning and started with what I had most resisted in my life… EXERCISE!
I had resisted exercise so much so that at first I felt allergic to it.
The excuses I used were:
- I hate gyms.
• I am far too busy.
• I don’t want to have a bad hair day.
• I will start tomorrow.
Well tomorrow never came until the 1st September, 2010, when I got out of bed at my usual 5:05am, took the jogging pants out of the wardrobe and met my new personal trainer.
Looking back I could barely walk after the first few sessions. However after about four weeks something began to shift in me. All my excuses began to fall away and I didn’t see exercise as difficult any more.
What’s difficult right now in your life?
Tips on How to Overcome It
- Make a decision to do the things you have been most resisting.
• Run towards the fear of what has been stopping you and leave your comfort zone.
• Every morning that you awake, start with what’s most challenging.
It is now nine weeks since I started exercising and here are the results:
- My BMI has dropped 9 points.
• I have now to date lost 21lbs in weight.
• As for feeling good, I have much more energy and clarity in my thinking.
I encourage you today to start doing the difficult things first in your life.