It’s hard to get anything done when you have 1,000 emails in your inbox, a desk piled high with paper and the environment around you overloaded. Here are some suggestions on how to handle it today.
Office Clean Up Day
- No moaning that you haven’t time, make time, do it today. I promise you it will be so worth it.
- Get rid of piles of paper.
- Only leave on your desk what you are working on.
- Always have a set of spare file folders on hand so you can organise current and completed projects.
Press the Delete Button
- Make the delete button on the computer your best friend. Take an hour to unsubscribe to every newsletter that you never read.
- Don’t be afraid of space. Create space everywhere around you; it helps you think more clearly.
- Let go of old books, mementos that you no longer need or use.
When we make space and declutter, we create space for new ideas and changes to come into our lives.