Have you ever gone to meet someone and as they walk to greet you, you just know that they are having a bad day?
I recently went to see a new client and as I waited in the reception area, they walked down the stairs to meet me. I could see from the energy of their body language that they were harassed, stressed and not having a good day.
I had brought the weather of sunshine with me as I had a lovely drive to the organisation and I had been listening to Og Mandino as I drove. I realised upon meeting the client, that each day we awake to a new day and we get a choice as to what weather we are going to project that day. As I walked with the client up to her office, I made a decision to stay in the sunshine.
Steps on How to Take the Weather with You
- When you meet someone who is complaining, listen, hear and look for the positive.
- Life is a cycle of moods, we can never be responsible for other people’s moods, yet we can be responsible for our own.
- Never judge a man or woman by one meeting or interaction, remember we all have bad days.
- Never react, only pause and respond.
- Watch the magic happen when you bring sunshine to your customers and everyone you meet. That is what you will get back.
As Og Mandino once said
- ‘If you feel depressed, remember to sing.’
- ‘If you feel sad, remember to laugh,’
- ‘If you feel fear, remember to plunge ahead.’
- ‘If you feel insignificant, remember your goals.’
And most of all… Remember you have the choice to master your emotions and bring the weather with you wherever you go.