As I have the privilege to work with many Leaders on a daily basis, I learn so much about what really sets someone apart from being great to outstanding. Over time I have come to realise it’s the small things done on a daily basis that really adds up to outstanding success. Very often you cannot physically see those small things, yet it can be felt in the resonance of their presence.
Some of the observations of Outstanding Leaders are as follows:
- Work on your character every day
- Speak your truth even if you know it will upset some people
- Show up as yourself, it speaks far more loudly than your words
- It takes a lot of courage to go against the crowd. Do It!
- It takes a lot of courage to be a visionary. Be It!
- It takes a lot of courage to walk down the path that is not there yet. Keep walking it!
- Be bold and go deep as a Leader.
- Be honest about your weaknesses, and play to your strengths.
- Hire people in your team where your weaknesses are.
- Commit yourself to excellence in everything you do.
Outstanding Leaders are dreamers who take massive action every day to make their dreams a reality. However, they make time to dream every day.
Today I am the product of my dreams; after all I was the girl who day-dreamed her way through school preparing for the work and life I am living today.