It takes discipline to be an outstanding leader. Discipline is all about the choices that you make each day. You give yourself a command and then you make the decision to follow through with it.
Discipline brings about clarity of mind and helps you shut out distractions. It takes discipline to do the difficult things in life first. I once heard a great quote to have what the very few have, do what the very few do. To be stunningly magnificent at what you do in life takes focus, simplicity and the self-discipline to live your life on your own terms.
- Time and energy are two of your most special commodities, use them wisely.
- Only check and deal with your emails twice per day.
- Cut out useless meetings. Ask yourself on a scale of 1-10, how important is this meeting?
- Resolve any broken agreements or promises you have not kept.
- Discipline is about repetition and continuing to do the right thing every day.
- If the processes around you are not helping you and your team towards success, get rid of them.